Perfect Pan Seared Chicken
May 24, 2022
Perfect Pan Seared Chicken Thighs
Protein, Cooking Method
By the time I quit dieting I was SICK of chicken breasts. This chicken thigh cooking method helped me fall in love with chicken again. Healthy eating doesn't have to mean dry and flavorless food.
Get my favorite chicken seasoning here!
- Chicken Thighs, bone in, skin on
- Favorite Seasoning
- Avocado Oil
- (Oven safe pan)
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Dry chicken thighs with a paper towel and season generously.
- Heat oil over Medium High Heat. Place chicken skin side down, cook for 7-10 minutes or until nicely seared.
- Flip chicken and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes.
- Finish off chicken in the oven for 10-20 minutes, until chicken reaches the internal temperature of 165ºF
- Serve with a high fiber side!
Ingredients for the seasoning
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder