Salsa 3 Ways
May 10, 2022
These salsas are so yummy! All three recipes are include fiber-filled ingredients, which makes them a healthy way way to enjoy as a dip with chips on occasion. Salsa is a great way to enhance the flavor of burrito bowls, eggs, fish, chicken or salads!
1: Mango Salsa
- 1 large firm avocado, cut into chunks (just very slightly ripe)
- 1 1/2 heaping cup diced mango (from 2 large ripe mango)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Zest and juice of 1 small lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Garnish with extra cilantro. Serve!
2: Pineapple Salsa
1 large pineapple, skinned, cored, and cut into 1-inch rounds
1 red bell pepper
1 medium jalapeño
1 small red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup loosely-packed, finely chopped cilantro
2 small limes, juiced
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Garnish with extra cilantro. Serve!
3. Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn drained
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced (1 small)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Jalapeño optional for spice and heat
- In a large bowl, add beans, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and cilantro. Add olive oil, and lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste (I like ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper). Stir to combine.
- Cover and chill until serving time.