10 Tips to Avoid Healthy Imposters
Dec 09, 2021
2 minute read
Want the short-cut to healthy eating? Don't be fooled by the "healthy imposters". There are so many processed foods impersonating healthy foods. The problem is these imposters can easily derail your weight-loss & wellness goals and over-time can truly accumulate to negative health consequences.
Here are my TOP 10 quick tips to help you identify healthy imposters!
- Ignore the front of the package. It’s the promotional space used by manufacturers to convince you to “buy”
- Ignore the Nutritional Facts. While “added sugar” is a quick way to check for unnatural sugars added, it doesn’t always reveal hidden-sugar substitutes & chemical imposters
- Read the List of Ingredients to look for “smuggles” & “imposters”
- Avoid “imposter” fiber & protein, they don’t function the same in your body as the natural forms of fiber & protein
- Avoid “imposter” sugars, they’re more powerful & interfere with your body’s taste preference for healthy, natural foods
- Avoid gums, added flour & fillers
- Avoid MSG, monosodium glutamate, which perpetuates appetite
- Less is best. The fewer the ingredients the better
- Know the names of what’s inside. If you don’t know it, look it up. It’s likely a smuggle or imposter
- Never trust, always verify. Never trust health claims on the package, always verify what’s inside
For more information, be sure to listen to my podcast episodes, where I detail more about “healthy imposters”. Ovvia MEMBERS can watch the videos in the MEMBER’S LIBRARY for more details.